TEA-JAY RECIPE: Red Red Nights
- 100ml unfiltered apple juice
- 100ml water or 100ml ginger ale
- 20ml elderflower syrup
- 10-20ml grenadine
- 10ml lemon juice or 4-6 eighths of lime
- Ice cubes
- 4 teaspoons black mint tea
- Optional: 200ml Merlot red wine
- Remove the head and filter from the TEA-JAY Iced Tea Maker.
- Fill the glass carafe with all ingredients. If using ginger ale, do not put in water.
- Stir everything well and add ice cubes, filling up to 2/3 of the carafe. Screw the head of the TEA-JAY back on.
- Remove the lid from the head and add the tea into the closed filter. Boil water and pour it into the reservoir, filling it up until the level marker; or if using Merlot, do not use boiling water.
- Allow the tea to brew for 4 minutes with water, or 10-15 minutes with Merlot (stirring every 5 minutes).
- Once finished brewing turn the lid anti-clockwise to start the ‘on the rocks’ experience. Be sure to hold the vessel via the black silicone ring as it can get quite hot during the brewing process.
- Close the lid by turning clockwise. Rotate the carafe in large circles then pour the tea cocktail into a glass and enjoy.
Images with food are serving suggestions only.