TEA-JAY RECIPE: Party Safari
- 200ml still water
- 8 eighths of Lime
- 6 kumquats (cut in halves) or 6 eighths of orange
- 8 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Crushed ice
- 3 teaspoons rooibos vanilla/orange tea
- Optional: 10ml Aperol Italian aperitif
- Remove the head and filter from the TEA-JAY Iced Tea Maker.
- Fill the glass carafe with still water, add the limes and kumquats (or oranges) and the sugar and press gently with a pestle or long spoon. You may also choose to add the Aperol at this point.
- Stir everything well and add ice cubes, filling up to 2/3 of the carafe. Screw the head of the TEA-JAY back on.
- Remove the lid from the head and add the tea into the closed filter. Boil water and pour it into the reservoir, filling it up until the level marker.
- Allow the tea to brew for 10 minutes.
- Once finished brewing turn the lid anti-clockwise to start the ‘on the rocks’ experience. Be sure to hold the vessel via the black silicone ring as it can get quite hot during the brewing process.
- Close the lid by turning clockwise. Now pour the tea cocktail into a glass and enjoy.
Images with food are serving suggestions only.